1. Every child is invited to observe individual lessons and Group Class with his or her parent for several weeks before beginning lessons. The more classes your child attends, the more your child feels comfortable and ready to start. Bring a notebook to every lesson and class you observe and take notes.
2. Parents of preschool children can purchase the Beginning Suzuki Packet from the Suzuki School of The Woodlands after their first visit to observe a lesson or class. This beginning packet has two fun violin workbooks for the child, two reading books for parents, CD's to listen to, and flashcards to begin learning music.
3. Listen to the Slow Twinkles CD and the Suzuki Violin 1 CD several hours a day. Play the CD's during the day, while you drive in the car, at bedtime and when your child is sleeping. Practice with your child every day to help identify the Twinkle variations by name. To begin lessons, you and your child need to be able to identify and clap each Twinkle rhythm.
4. Practice singing an "A" (pitch 440 hz) with your child. Be able to demonstrate.
5. Once you can demonstrate knowledge of the Twinkles (number 3) and can sing an "A" (number4) you are ready to begin Parent Development classes at the Suzuki School of The Woodlands.
Please contact Kathryn at the Suzuki School of The Woodlands to schedule your first observation lesson
Suzuki School of the Woodlands Instructor: Kathryn Larsen * 31211 Rainwood Park Lane, Spring, Texas 77386 * 281-298-5963